"Operation Christmas Child Volunteers are truly the backbone of this ministry to children."
— Franklin Graham, President of Samaritan's Purse
"You are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the
Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."
—2 Corinthians 3:3
Multiplying His Kingdom – Year-Round Volunteers
People like you are being called to year-round volunteer opportunities in their communities. You can be a part of the story God is writing through Operation Christmas Child. Opportunities to serve are available in the following roles:
- Leadership Roles
- Our leadership roles focus on building teams of volunteers through recruiting, selecting, equipping, leading, and developing in order to multiply the impact of Operation Christmas Child around the world.
- Administrative Support
- Administrative Support/Office Volunteers use their organizational skills to manage resources and information for Regional Offices or Area Teams. In this role, you will use your administrative abilities to support efforts to engage communities with the ministry of Operation Christmas Child so that the Gospel is proclaimed to children and their families around the world.
- Church Relations
- As a Church Relations team member, build and cultivate relationships with local Christian churches and work to mobilize, equip, and encourage churches in your community to share the hope of Jesus Christ and fulfill the Great Commission through Operation
- Community Relations
- As part of the Community Relations team, use your gifts as an ambassador in your community—engage, mobilize, and equip groups, businesses, and civic organizations to become actively involved in sharing the hope of Jesus Christ through Operation
- This position utilizes the gifts of organization, planning, and hospitality to welcome and host shoebox contributors at local collection sites. This opportunity allows you to mobilize short-term volunteers and coordinate the shoebox collection at your church as a Collection or Relay Center. Collection and Relay Center volunteers serve as the face of OCC as shoebox donations come through the doors on their way to the waiting arms of children around the world.
- Media Relations
- Media Relations volunteers are the voice for Operation Christmas Child in the local community. In this role, you have the opportunity to use the power of your voice, pen, or personality to promote the ministry through local print, radio, and television outlets.
- Prayer Mobilization
- The power of prayer is a vital part to all we do at Operation Christmas Child. Prayer mobilization team members work to mobilize local churches and groups to pray for the spread of the Gospel and hope of Jesus Christ. They likewise provide intercessory prayer support for the ministry of OCC.
- Student Relations
- If you are a student or have a heart for youth, serve on the Student Relations team as an advocate for Operation Christmas Child in schools, universities, and student organizations. You will have the opportunity to engage the next generation of believers in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Please note: The Student Relations volunteer position is new for 2016 and available only in certain states.