"Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving."
–Colossians 4:2, NKJV
- Thank the Lord for working through Samaritan's Purse to distribute more than 124 million Operation Christmas Child shoebox gifts since 1993. Pray that millions more children will experience God's love and hear the Good News of Jesus Christ as they receive these simple gifts.
- Pray for Operation Christmas Child as tens of thousands of families, congregations, and groups prepare to pack shoeboxes and bring them to drop-off locations across the United States during National Collection Week, the third week in November.
- Ask God to bless local volunteers who serve year-round to collect, process, transport, and deliver shoebox gifts to boys and girls around the world.
- Pray that the Lord will use Operation Christmas Child to bring joy to children in developing countries who may be struggling to overcome the effects of poverty, disease, famine, or war.
- Pray for the safety of Operation Christmas Child volunteers who are serving in areas of the world where people may be hostile toward Christians.
- Pray that the children who enroll in The Greatest Journey, our follow-up discipleship program, will come to faith in Jesus Christ and share the Good News with their friends and family.
- Pray for the growth of churches and the planting of new ones as communities are touched by Operation Christmas Child.
Prayers for Here
Pray for the Annual Auction (April 16) — for those who donate items to sell, that they may be blessed to know they are helping lead children to Jesus; for those who will purchase the items, that they may be blessed to have and use them; and for all who attend to be blessed with a beautiful day.
Pray for the Annual Golf Tournament (May 25) — that it will raise a lot of money to fill shoeboxes and bless children; and that the Lord will again provide beautiful weather.
Offer prayers of thanksgiving for the many, many people in our area who have such a strong desire to bless needy children and lead them (and their families) to Jesus. They are the love of Jesus in action.